No products in the cart.
Metabolics Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) (100ml)
Humans need 13 different vitamins to sustain life and health. If we do not take in enough of a particular vitamin our bodily supplies decrease and a deficiency ensues.
Of the 13 vitamins our bodies need, one is B12. It is unique because it is the only vitamin that cannot be obtained from plants or sunlight (as plants do not need B12, so do not produce or store it), it is produced by bacteria in the gut of animals and absorbed in the small intestine. Therefore to obtain B12 from the diet you need to eat animal products- meat, fish or dairy products.
However even a diet high in these foods may not supply enough B12. In fact it is remarkably easy to become deficient in B12 as many people can neither absorb nor use B12. Vegans and vegetarians are particularly prone to deficiency. The route that B12 takes from the mouth to the blood is complex and there can be problems at any point.
Only 1 left in stock
What does Vitamin B12 do?
- It contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- It contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism
- It contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- It contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- It has a role in the process of cell division
- It contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- It contributes to normal psychological function
- It contributes to normal functioning of the immune system