No products in the cart.
Etixx – Performance Energy Sport Bar Chocolate (12x40g)
ETIXX – PERFORMANCE
A perfect source of fuel for endurance athletes.
- With carbohydrates for a prolonged energy supply during exercise.
- Can be used as a snack rich in carbohydrates.
- Low fat and fibre content, therefore easy to digest.
- Choice between 4 different flavours: orange, raspberry,
The amount of carbohydrates that are available for energy is a key factor determining performance in endurance and high-intensity intermittent exercise. Therefore, during exercise where carbohydrates are depleted, it is important that you take on additional fuel to maintain performance and avoid fatigue. This ensures that blood glucose level is maintained during exercise and restores muscle glycogen.
The Etixx Energy Sport Bar contains approx. 29 g of carbohydrates and is suitable for both before and during exercise. It can be used before exercise as part of a carbo-loading strategy to ensure that muscle glycogen stores are maximized prior to an event. Athletes preparing for prolonged, strenuous competition should aim to eat a diet rich in carbohydrates in the days prior to their event and the Etixx Energy Sport Bar is a great snack to include in this.
During events where there is significant depletion of muscle glycogen, carbohydrates need to be consumed to sustain performance and minimize fatigue. Carbohydrate stores are depleted afterapprox. 90 minutes of exercise.
How much carbohydrate should i aim for?
- Exercises < 1h (15):not necessary to consume carbohydrates during exercise
- Exercises 1-2h: 30g carbohydrates per hour exercise. (~1 energy bar)
- Exercises 2-3h: 60 g carbohydrates per hour exercise. (~2 energy bars)
- Exercises >2.5-3h: up to 90 g carbohydrates per hour exercise.(~up to 3 energy bars)
Not only are the Etixx Energy Sport Bars a great source of energy in the form of carbohydrates, but they are also very easy to digest thanks to the low fat and fibre content.
Etixx Energy Sport Bars also contain added magnesium which supports energy production and muscle function.
Only 5 left in stock
Ingredients: Oat flakes – Glucose syrup – Inverted sugar syrup – Sugar – Rice flour – Fat-reduced cocoa 6,3% – Maltodextrin – rice crisps (rice flour, wheat flour, sugar, wheat malt, salt, flavours) – Cocoa mass 4,7% – Oat bran – Humectant: glycerol – Flavours – Magnesium oxide – Salt.